Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How Can 16 Year Old Let Everyone Know She's Available?

Peter and Molly,
I'm a junior in High School, and will be turning 16 the day before Prom. I'm very excited, and hope to go and enjoy myself, but of course I'm still not going out on any dates, and up until this point I have been trying to shoo away those interested in asking me on dates because I couldn't go with them. Tickets just went on sale so I have over a month, but how can I announce to the world, "I would love a prom date" without seeming weird or desperate.

Thanks,
 New Dater

Peter: Dater, you reverse course, and start going back to all those boys who wanted to take you out, you bat your eyes, ask them about prom, say longingly how you wish someone cute like him would ask you, and then wait for the cards to fall. It won't take long.

Molly: While Peter's approach may shock the school into recognizing your new availability, I'm not sure if it meets your requirement to not seem weird or desperate. This is a task to which close girlfriends are especially adept. Have them simply put word out that you're finally available, and if you have a preference as to your date, allow them to plant it as part of the rumor. Guys can't resist a gal that wants them, and while the high school gossip chain is usually a tool for evil, there's no reason we can't use it for good.

If you have any questions e-mail us at PeterMollyAdvice@gmail.com or find us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment