Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What Should She do with Man Stealing Friend?

Peter & Molly,
So a couple of weeks ago a new guy moved into our ward. I told my best friend in the whole world, how cute I thought he was and that same day he started talking to me too. So since then we've been talking at school and mutual and like that. Well today I found out that my best friend asked him out to go see a movie, because "he doesn't know a lot of people around here yet." What? He knows me, and she knows I like him, and she didn't even say anything to me about it. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Back Stabbed BFF

BFF,
How old are you?

I don't know why it matters, but I'm 17. Thanks, for the help.

Peter: BFF, It matters that you're 17 because it's probably not the best idea to have a steady boyfriend right now anyway, so the fact that your friend is going out with him, means little. Keep flirting with him, have fun with him, maybe even go out every once in a while.

Molly: Peter, I'm sure that's what you would want if you were the new boy in town, but even though BFF isn't serious dating yet, that doesn't mean it's okay for your friend to blindside you. You had talked about this boy before. You should tell her that you're hurt. But make sure not to blame her, or you'll have a big fight, just talk about your feelings.

Peter: Better yet, ask her to double, bring another friend along, and all have a good time. It's a movie, not her wedding.

Molly: But it's possible that it will become something long term, and for a friend to bully her way in without even talking about it, isn't respectful of BFF's feelings.

Peter: It sounds like your saying once a girl claims a boy, no one else can touch him, that sounds awfully possessive of men, almost like they are the property of women.

Molly: Not nobody, just your best friend.

If you have any questions e-mail us at PeterMollyAdvice@gmail.com or find us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment