Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Modesty Reviewed

Peter and Molly,
I am a full grown man, but I have a similar question to High School Hunk. What exactly am I supposed to do when I see women who are clearly dressing to show off their undergarments. It doesn't matter if I'm at the office, or shopping, or unfortunately even at church. Apparently it would be off limits to mention anything about it, but what am I supposed to do? Stare at the ceiling? Immodest clothing is distracting, is there any way to respond that is appropriate?
Sincerely,
Not looking

Molly: Not Looking, start looking at them, in the eyes. I think you are trying to create a problem where there isn't one. I love men's calves something special, yet I can manage to watch a church basketball game without objectifying all the men there.

Peter: Your situation is different because you can't quote sections of the Strength of Youth pamphlet to the people you work with or that help you at the store. If you are a supervisor and clothing is not professional you can say so. Otherwise do your best to keep your thoughts clean. Don't worry about offending them, no one shows off things they don't want you to see.

Molly: Even if their purpose is to share (which is not necessarily the case) do not stare, members of the church should not be synonymous with dirty old men. Find some self-control and look them in the eyes.

If you have any questions e-mail us at PeterMollyAdvice@gmail.com or find us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment